EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU. It defines the legal responsibilities of data users and controllers such as Ogunte CIC. The regulation governs the collection, storage, use and transfer of personal data, for example, name, address, email, age, IP address, etc.
Accuracy We will do our best to maintain the accuracy of the personal information you supply to us. You have the right to access and correct your personal information at any time. If you wish to do so please contact us here or by email on email@example.com. We will not charge you any fee for this service.
Sharing your Data We will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone. No financial data submitted will be stored.
What data do we collect
IP Address An IP address is a number assigned to your computer when you use your browser on the internet. If you are using a desktop or a mobile device and you are browsing our website, we may collect your IP address or other device identifier, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other portable device information.
We use this information on an anonymous basis, to audit the number of visitors coming to our website, and to prevent cyberattacks; and will never use it to identify any particular user.
We do not purchase nor collect personal data about you from third parties.
It is important to note that if you choose not accept Cookies, or you set your browser not to accept Cookies, you may not be able to use certain features on our site.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept Cookies. If you prefer you can reset your browser either to notify you when you have received a Cookie or to refuse to accept Cookies. To do so, we suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers
Feedback On our website we may provide space for your comments and/or provide a short survey for you to complete. Personal information that you provide to us in those sections of the website is only used to inform our future actions in the areas surveyed. It is not re-used or re-applied for any other purpose. If you contact us via our website the contact details that you provide us with will be kept for as long as is necessary to enable us to deal with your query.
Aggregate Data In general, our service automatically gathers certain usage information about the numbers and frequency of visitors to our website. We only use such data in aggregated form and do not identify you individually. This collected data helps us to determine how much our customers use parts of the site, so we can improve our site for your use.
When do we collect your personal data
* When you purchase products and services from us online, or over the phone
* When you contact us or voluntarily take part in surveys, competitions or promotions
* When you engage with us on social media (by mentioning/tagging us or by contacting us directly)
* When you register for online and face-to-face events organised by Ogunte CIC . By making use of our services, on-line or on-site, and you have given your consent, your details are stored on our mailing list. We may email you newsletters or information about our products, services, special offers or opportunities relevant to your work as a social entrepreneur. From time to time, in this newsletter, we may include requests of contact for market research purposes.
How do we use your personal data and what are our legal justifications for doing so?
To make our products and services available to you
We use your personal data to provide you with the information, products and services that you request or purchase from us (i.e. to complete certain tasks, processes or orders on our website, take payment online (where applicable) and deliver your products or services), and to communicate with you regarding those products and services that you purchase from us and respond to your questions and comments;
We may also use your personal data to measure how satisfied our customers are and provide customer service (including troubleshooting in connection with purchases or your requests for services or when you ask us questions on social media);
We rely on our contractual arrangements with you as the lawful basis on which we collect and process your personal data when you make an order for products and services.
For administrative and internal business purposes
We may use your personal data for our internal business purposes, such as enhancing our site, improving our services and products and identifying usage trends. We may also use your data to monitor the use of our website and ensure that our website is presented in the most effective and relevant manner for you and your device.
It is in our legitimate interests as a business to use your personal data in this way. For example, we want to ensure our website is customer friendly and works properly and that our products and services are of high quality. We also want to make it easy for you to interact with us. Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights.
For security and legal reasons
We use your personal data to:
* ensure the personal and financial information you provide us is accurate;
* protect our rights or property (or those of others); and
* fulfill our legal and compliance-related obligations.
You have a number of rights relating to your personal information and what happens to it. You are entitled to:
* have your data processed in a fair, lawful and transparent way;
* access personal data we hold about you;
* require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data;
* require us to delete personal data concerning you in certain situations where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it;
* request that we transfer your personal data to you or another service provider in a simple, structured format;
* object at any time to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
* object to automated decision making which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you;
* object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data; and
* otherwise restrict or temporarily stop our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
You can read more about your rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, in the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You also have the right to complain about our use of personal data to the ICO. You can do these by contacting the ICO via their website or by calling 0303 123 1113.
If you would like to speak to us in relation to any of your rights, please contact us.
Changing your preferences
If you no longer wish to be contacted by us about our products or services, or for other marketing purposes, you can amend your preferences or unsubscribe by contacting us. Alternatively, if you have subscribed to the micro magazine or registered your profile on map.ogunte.com , you can unsubscribe by simply following the unsubscribe link provided in emails you receive from us.
We want to ensure that all the information we have about our customers is factually correct and up to date. If you find that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate or needs updating (for instance, you may have changed your name or address) then please contact us so that we can correct it.
Export of Your Data Outside the European Economic Area Because the Internet infrastructure is global, and it is not possible to predict the routes that information sent over the Internet will take, the information you provide may be transferred temporarily via a route which takes it outside the European Economic Area as it passes between you and us. By submitting your information to us you consent to this transfer.