InVenture believes that small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) have the potential to create lasting economic development in under-served communities, and that the best way to unleash this potential is through micro-INVESTING, not micro-loans. With your InVestment of as little as $25 in one of our micro-entrepreneurs, you can be part of our movement! Are you ready to InVest In Good?1) Who are you, Shivani, and what drives you?
I am the CEO & Founder of InVenture. I believe that every business owner, no matter how large or small, should have access to the same capital, tools and guidance to grow their business and follow their dreams.2) What change do you bring about and how are you doing it?
InVenture facilitates financial inclusion through access to expansion capital and customized guidance for small business owners through our online platform (InVenture.org) and a mobile application called InSight. Through our online platform (InVenture.org) we pair individuals and small business owners together to provide capital $1,000-$10,000 and through our mobile application (InSight) we provide customized real-time guidance and financial tracking tools customized to the needs of growing small businesses in developing communities. InVenture is currently working in India, Mexico and Mali
3) What are your top 3 tips to a woman who, like you, is very much interested in investing in others, people, enterprises, communities, to solve crucial social and environmental issues?
- Be passionate - Work for something that you believe in.
- Be proactive - Do your homework and know your industry, competition and obstacles.
- Be confident! - Be fearless and be confident in your abilities and opinion - make sure your voice is heard.4) How do you network best?
I join meetup groups, apply for fellowships and find like-minded individuals to share my ideas and build my vision (most importantly remember you are not alone in this!).
5) What question would you have loved someone to ask you when you started your career?
What is your favorite quote and what does it say about what you want to do?!
6)Which female social innovator would you particularly recommend our readers to look at/be inspired from?
Jane Chen - Co-founder of Link to Embrace website
Watch a presentation by Shivani
Ogunte is no longer operating. We've moved on!
Please visit Conscious Innovation
© 2001-2021 Ogunte. All rights reserved.