Women Supporting Social Entrepreneurs (WSSE), a peer network for local women creating social change in their Greater Manchester communities, needs your help to invest in a seed fund to invest in local women, network development and events.
They are running a 12hr mentoring marathon in July 2016 and are asking for support and backing to provide seed funding to promising social change projects. 50% of the money raised will be invested directly into the enterprising ideas of local women and the rest will support the development of a peer network offering training, mentoring, showcasing women change makers & events to inspire!
Help WSSE enable women to flourish and progress as change makers! Your investment may cover anything from childcare, to equipment, marketing, admin support or travel costs - WSSE will invest in those who can demonstrate best use of resources to develop themselves personally & professionally.
Click through and find out more about the campaign and how to pledge here.
WSSE believes that behind every great social venture there is a great woman.
WSSE also believes:
- in supporting women who not only give back their through their families and their communities, but who also invest in themselves.
- in building trust, rapport and empathy to deepen personal development and enable faster and more sustainable progress.
What will happen if the crowdfund is successful?
- Over 30 women engaged in a 12 hour mentoring marathon benefitting from learning, new contacts and support
- 10-12 ventures will be part of a supportive, women led pitching event and have the opportunity to secure investment
- A programme of peer learning events to inspire, support and develop social entrepreneurs
- Support the ongoing development of a women led mentoring programme
Why is it a great idea?
WSSE tested this concept last year and know it works! They now want to scale this to support more women change makers to give them a voice to influence, create impact and actualise their vision to create social change for the better through businesses, campaigns and projects. They have reach into communities across the UK and a network of over 200 women social entrepreneurs. Social Enterprise as a sector has long been a champion of gender equality and does outperform SMEs and FTSE100 companies in numerous reports on diversity and gender equality however in spite of these numbers, the majority of social enterprises are still led by men. Women lack access to appropriate resources, training and support that accommodates personal priorities around care commitments and there absence of networks, role models and diverse mentors. WSSE help address these issues.
WSSE have an ambitious target this year to help us support
more women developing initiatives with real impact who need this support to
start well, thrive and scale their work.
PLEASE HELP them to support women create change needed in their
communities! Any investment contribution
will make a difference.
If you are interested in mentoring or being a
judge on the investment panel, get in touch!
You can follow the campaign on @WSSEGroup .