Innovation Fund & Award Programme - Case-Study
Women’s Protection and Well Being - Awards Program Management
PERIOD: 2015 – 2017
The Womanity Foundation promotes gender equality for social change through women rights, education, social entrepreneurship programmes that empower women and girls. Womanity also champions innovations in social change and supports programmes that have potential to be replicated and scaled. Ogunte provides a programme management service to the Womanity Award programme, supporting and coaching 4 award winning organisations based in 4 different countries, running the search and communications of 2 simultaneous editions of the Award, creating peer-to-peer learning opportunities, and supporting sustainability efforts.
KEY CUSTOMER NEEDS
- Help grantees generate SROI through replication
- Reach qualified beneficiary prospects
- Source technical expertise
- Supervise Monitoring and Evaluation process
- Using coaching, mentoring, networking and project management processes, we encourage awardees to explore innovative and sustainable avenues to grow programmes and replication plans. We use technology to convene stakeholders and maximise learning opportunities. We encourage intensive learning sessions between replicating partners and help with the documentation of outputs, outcomes and programmes insights.
- From April 2015 until May 2016, we launched a global selection process for the second edition of the Womanity Award, sourcing 47 innovative programmes harnessing ICT and new media to prevent violence against women. We conducted due diligence, set up an advisory committee and a selection panel; conducted a shortlisting process, followed by a 3-month mentoring phase with 8 finalist organisations, and produced a public selection event in collaboration with OuiShare Fest 2016.
- We designed a new peer-to-peer network to convene and support ICT programmes preventing violence against women and creating advocacy, speaking and marketing opportunities for ditto programmes.
- We provided programme implementation support, technical assistance and coaching to the first edition’s winners, working on the cultural adaptation of Program H, an education curriculum to transform masculinities, addressed to young men and boys.
- We oversaw monitoring and evaluation process of awarded programmes and managed press and PR contacts for further dissemination.
“Previously we did work adapting Program P and differences in the replication process are as big as night and day. The process we are implementing now to replicate Program H includes constant communication, direct involvement from Promundo, the learning visits. Here we are working with a strategic approach.” Anthony Keedi, ABAAD MENA, Lebanon.
About the impact of the mentoring phase:
“Wonderful! This phase has been very helpful and inclusive. It has allowed for us to know our partners more fully and prepare for implementing the program. The connections and support by Servane have been invaluable.” Anon. Womanity Award 2d edition finalist survey.
“This programme helped a lot, it helped us think through and create time to deliver a quality application, which is rare in the NGO world”. Anon. Womanity Award 2d edition finalist survey.