Hold on to your flip-flops wherever you are in the world, there's still a bit of decluttering and maintenance work worth doing before Spring/Autumn (wherever you are...!)
1. Is your mentor challenging you enough?
Explore tips by Servane, who advises high growth women entrepreneurs on the NextWomen.
2. I thought i knew everything about branding until...
Olivia Knight from Patchwork Present was our host on our first Make a Wave Incubator webinar this year, and talked about branding and the groundwork that needs to be done before you even think of flashing your logo!
Participants understood that it was actually a valuable exercise to think about personal branding first, thinking about what we stand for, our personal value proposition and where we are at our best.
Have a go at Olivia's branding exercise here.
4- Secrets to being a productive social entrepreneur, the follow-up.
Make a Wave fellow Ruth Rosselson gives us her tips, live from Manchester, on our Linkedin forum
NETWORKS TO JOIN
Ada Lovelace wrote the first programming language in 1842. Lots of other ladies have contributed to the internet and science since. Let’s elevate our profiles – together – and get stuff done.It is for Women who, broadly speaking, work in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
WOMEN IN BUSINESS - BENELUX
First stop shop for women in business in Brussels Capital. Women in Business is a network of networks you can't avoid if you happen to travel and work throughout the Benelux. Amazing opportunities at hand. EXPORT YOURSELVES!
Competitions to win £15,000
Digital Science is looking for the best and brightest innovators in scientific software to help them get their ideas off the ground. We will be awarding a series of grants of up to a maximum of £15,000 each to outstanding individuals who want to bring an idea from concept to prototype.
More information here.
Is it time to quit your job and launch that new startup?
BethnalGreen ventures are looking for ambitious, early-stage teams using technology to address some of the toughest social and environmental challenges. From disrupting education to revolutionising healthcare, to coding against climate change. You can find out more details about what they’re looking for here.
Check Horizons 2020 eu calls for proposals - Europe is here to help!
Have you checked the latest news from Funds for NGO's?
UNITED KINGDOM | OXFORDJAM'14: 9th-11th APRIL 2014
OxfordJam is in its 5th year and is shaping up to be bigger and better than ever before. This year it will take place 9-11th April at the Old Fire Station in Oxford and offer an innovative, inclusive and truly participatory environment.
Running in parallel to The Skoll World Forum on Social Entrepreneurship in Oxford, OxfordJam is a three-day fringe event that creates a space for the nurturing of social economy and social finance projects the world over.
Register now for your free ticket.
ONLINE | BRUSH UP YOUR FUNDRAISING SKILLS
Aimed at Staff & volunteers from small charities with limited fundraising experience and individuals with an interest in fundraising for a cause, This online fundraising course offers
- Overview of all fundraising techniques
- Free social media fundraising guide
- An introduction to bid writing
- Top tips for grant research
- Tools to measure the success of your work
- 1 sample bid for Trust, Lottery & Corporate funding
- Access to over 60 funding websites
RESEARCH - TAKE PART!
Are you currently developing an idea for an entrepreneurial project (with or without a profit goal)? Are you ready to launch a business or are you already running your enterprise?If you are an entrepreneur or considering becoming one, you are part of the target group we are looking for. This survey has the objective of assessing the needs of entrepreneurs at any stage of the entrepreneurial process, the initial stage of development of an idea to a more advanced stage of running her own business-enterprise.
More info and to answer survey here.
Tell us if this micromag was helpful on our Facebook page or our group on Linkedin.
Team OGUNTE CIC
- Feb'14 | Let go , keep it simple, and get funded
- Jan' 14 | 4 keys to make it happen in 2014
- Dec '13 | Inspiring activistas, alternative biomic and inclusive women social entrepreneurs
- Nov '13 | Women of the World of Social Finance
- Oct '13 | 250 Women 250 Ventures 250 Days
- Sept '13 | 7 Tips to push your boundaries and do good
- Aug'13 | How to Change the Way I Eat, Feel, Influence
- July '13 | 4 Ways to Embrace Risks
- June '13 | 4 Amazing Social Leaders Redefining The Economy
- April '13 | 7 Easter Bunnies & a Magic Prize
- March '13 | How women and girls move mountains
- Feb '13 | 3 simple tips for future thinking
- Dec '12 | The Future Belongs to Smart Connectors
- Nov '12 | When did you last make a Big Ask?
- Oct '12 | 5 tips to (understand and) influence people
- Sept '12 | 5 Tips to Thinking Open Source
- Aug'12 | Making Bread and Walking the Talk
- July'12 | How to Nurture the World Over a Few Generations
- Global Women Social Leadership Champions Announced
- June '12 | How to Share, Brunch, Learn for GOOD
- May '12 | Meet 9 women-led future-centric social ventures
- April '12: 7 Essential Questions
- March '12: The Women Effect
- Feb '12: Ogunte Awards and things you ought to know
- Jan '12: Women Social Innovators: The Annual Survey
- Oct '11 : Women in For-Profit Social Enterprises
- Sept '11: When You Step Up To The Next Level...
- July '11 | Passion Alone is Not Enough
- June '11 | Why we should care about women social entrepreneurs
- May '11 | What do you have to say about...
- March '11 | This is a Woman's World
- Feb '11 | A V.I.P. in your business?