|GoodDealsUK conference is back. Click here and use code OGUNTE13 to get 20% discount on your ticket.|
Date: 6-7th November - London - Euston Square
In just a few weeks the largest social investment conference in the UK this autumn will be taking place. A jam packed two days of inspiring keynote speakers, workshops on how to attract investment, scale up your enterprise and manage in tough times, Good Deals is the perfect opportunity to connect with leading thinkers and practitioners in the landscape and be part of cutting edge thought in social investment.
This year there is a specific focus on female leaders in social enterprise, with a women's panel discussion including Jane Garvey of BBC Radio Four's Womens Hour, Afghan social entrepreneur and champion of women's rights Dr. Sakena Yacoobi and Sophi Tranchell managing director of Divine Chocolate.
Next Face-to-Face Meetup:
Thursday 31st of October 12:30pm - 1:30pm London GMT
Next Virtual Hangout:
Wednesday 13th November 3pm 3:45pm London GMT - (Check your time zone)
Or click here on the day
Lily Lapenna is the Founder and CEO of MyBnk. She started her career in international development, focusing on empowerment of young people through non-formal education.
In Bangladesh, she became aware of the positive impact of micro-finance and saving services. Enthused by what she had seen, Lily created the first ever FSA friendly youth led banking scheme, called MyBnk, run by young people for young people, allowing them to save regularly and take out interest free loans to set up enterprising activities.
Carey Bohjanen is Managing Director of Sustainable Finance Advisory and operates at the interface between finance, business and society. Working particularly in emerging markets, Carey raises awareness and builds capacity to deliver a balanced approach between economic development and sustainable development.
In our video interview, Carey explains how she advises and facilitates complex multi-stakeholder engagement processes, designs great sector initiatives, and the impact these initiatives have on women.
Carey shares her top tips for social entrepreneurs and consultants coming into this field and the gains and sacrifices they might have to face when doing so.
Watch the video interview here.
At the end of 2013, Make a Wave incubator will return, to support 250 ASPIRING women social entrepreneurs.We are inviting 250 aspiring women social entrepreneurs in 5 cities, to create a strong peer-to-peer support network, at local and national level.
The programme will deliver foundation skills to design a great social business.
It will also provide a platform to question, challenge and put in place robust business behaviours, and also help you connect with business support organisations in your field.
Read more to discover if you are eligible to attend, what will happen and where!
- Oct '13 | 250 Women 250 Ventures 250 Days
- Sept '13 | 7 Tips to push your boundaries and do good
- Aug'13 | How to Change the Way I Eat, Feel, Influence
- July '13 | 4 Ways to Embrace Risks
- June '13 | 4 Amazing Social Leaders Redefining The Economy
- April '13 | 7 Easter Bunnies & a Magic Prize
- March '13 | How women and girls move mountains
- Feb '13 | 3 simple tips for future thinking
- Dec '12 | The Future Belongs to Smart Connectors
- Nov '12 | When did you last make a Big Ask?
- Oct '12 | 5 tips to (understand and) influence people
- Sept '12 | 5 Tips to Thinking Open Source
- Aug'12 | Making Bread and Walking the Talk
- July'12 | How to Nurture the World Over a Few Generations
- Global Women Social Leadership Champions Announced
- June '12 | How to Share, Brunch, Learn for GOOD
- May '12 | Meet 9 women-led future-centric social ventures
- April '12: 7 Essential Questions
- March '12: The Women Effect
- Feb '12: Ogunte Awards and things you ought to know
- Jan '12: Women Social Innovators: The Annual Survey
- Nov '11: Insights for women social innovators
- Oct '11 : Women in For-Profit Social Enterprises
- Sept '11: When You Step Up To The Next Level...
- July '11 | Passion Alone is Not Enough
- June '11 | Why we should care about women social entrepreneurs
- May '11 | What do you have to say about...
- March '11 | This is a Woman's World
- Feb '11 | A V.I.P. in your business?